Blog Changes to Come

Right, well, I know I said there'd be new colors and layouts for new books only, but I think some change is in order. The pink is just not working, and I'm under the impression it's driving readers off. Really, this blog looks like it's some girly teenager's blog. So change is coming, but no new book.
Got an idea for a color scheme? Email me. Katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

Monday, March 24, 2014

A Recent Update

Good morning, Warriors! I apologize for my lack of updates. I have been fairly busy, and now that I'm not, I'm sick.

First off, school has been taking a lot of time. The teachers here actually hunt you down and ask for assignments, whereas in my other school, they didn't glance twice. I mean, they'd post grades and missing assignments, but only one or two specifically asked you for the missing ones. So figuring out how to do these missing assignments is a job of its own. And for someone like me, who has to know all the little intricacies of how to do something, it takes a while to learn something new.

Next, there's prom. I have been looking online for dresses, plus all day Saturday shopping for one. We started about eleven a.m., after getting up at six to leave at eight to go to St. Paul. Once there, we met up with my grandma and ate breakfast. Then, the shopping started. I don't think we found one till nearly two or three in the afternoon. Really, compared to some other girls I know, three or four hours of looking isn't all that bad. Here's the dress. The theme for this year's prom is The Great Gatsby. Surprising? I think not. The movie was cool, and the visuals there were pretty awesome, but the book was so boring. I couldn't sit through it.

Finally, I have been writing. And editing. I have chapter three finished on the first draft, and a friend of mine has edited it for me. Once I go through that and finish up tweaking, I'll move on to chapter four. And I have to edit her chapters. (Here's her blog: Fatas: The Strings of Fate) Also, the excerpt I posted before has been edited. Unfortunately, most of the edits were lost. Meaning I have to go back and edit everything again.

Thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to get pageviews. For today, I am off to play The Sims 3 and hope this cold goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment