Blog Changes to Come

Right, well, I know I said there'd be new colors and layouts for new books only, but I think some change is in order. The pink is just not working, and I'm under the impression it's driving readers off. Really, this blog looks like it's some girly teenager's blog. So change is coming, but no new book.
Got an idea for a color scheme? Email me. Katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

Friday, February 28, 2014

Welcome to The Hideout, followup!

Hello there, person! As I stated in my first post (Welcome to The Hideout), I am a young author working on my first book, and my name is Nicola Hawkins. I'm a gamer, an otaku (anime-lover), and a big reader. In the past, I haven't had much luck with books or blogs. Never kept up with them. But I'm hoping that it'll be different this time, no matter how idealistic or moronic that may be. (I'm a bit of a pessimist/realist, if you haven't noticed. But I don't bite! ... Much.)

Right. So. A month ago today, I moved from northern Texas all the way to... You guessed it, Minnesota. "The Land of a Thousand Lakes", or something. I prefer to call it "The Land of Endless Cold and Burning Legs and Potato Chips in boxes." I have a couple acquaintances so far: Sammie, Celia, Sydney, Evelyn, and a couple others who I'm learning the names of. I won't give their last names, but if I mention them, you know who they are now. And I'll probably be blogging about some of the weird stuff here in Minnesota. (Sorry, Yankees. You guys have lots of weird stuff here by my standards.)

Potential Blog Subjects:
     In relation to Minnesota:
The weather
The house
Chips and other Food-related stuff, like the grocery store shelving
     In relation to school:
The lockers
Food lines
Online stuff
Library functions
The dudes here
The class sizes
Dress code (Remind me about the hair dye policies and the midriff stuff)
      Books:
Maximum Ride
Various Authors
Hush, hush
Vampire Academy (I was into it before the movie, thanks!)
The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd

Some of those might be mushed into one post. 

All my best,
Katheryn

1 comment: