Blog Changes to Come

Right, well, I know I said there'd be new colors and layouts for new books only, but I think some change is in order. The pink is just not working, and I'm under the impression it's driving readers off. Really, this blog looks like it's some girly teenager's blog. So change is coming, but no new book.
Got an idea for a color scheme? Email me. Katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

Friday, February 28, 2014

You're probably wondering about the book by now...

Gosh, the whole Starting-a-new-entry thing is kinda weird. It's like, "Oh man there's so much I wanna say, but I dunno where to start or what to say so I'll type the first thing that comes to my mind."

Right. Now, before I get off track -- again -- the book is called Raleigh, after the main character: Raleigh Sanders. And the cover I have is kinda pink, hence the pink on the blog. It'll change colors with each book. And the color is gonna change before the book is announced.

Oh, you want a summary? Let's see if I can find Raleigh's voice.
...
I'm normal, really. Well, if you consider being a Seer normal. But in my world, that's about as close to normal as you can get. And normal means danger. Normal means no self-defense. Seers are targets, cause we're weaker than the Clan members. Speaking of, there's an evil dictator over one of the two clans named Liah who's out to destroy the human race and keep all her people on tight leashes and God knows what else.
And I'm supposed to stay neutral.
But when I fall in love, and Liah threatens all my friends and family, it gets hard. I don't know if I can do it. If I break neutrality, it could have apocalyptic consequences. For everyone. On top of all that, her people are rebelling. A war is brewing.

Well? Whaddya think? Let me know. Post a comment. Email me. (nicolahawkins97@gmail.com)

By the way, I'm calling my fans/readers/whatever my Warriors. Or Comrades, depending on whether they like Syra or Liah. And I may have a post or two from point of view of the characters themselves. And here's a summary of the series as a whole.

A war is brewing in a world parallel to our own. When a dictator named Liah takes over a clan who swore never to have a government, her sister Syra gains followers for a rebellion. People begin to oppose Liah. Faithful soldiers begin to betray their leaders in the heat of the war, and passionate lovers turn to bitter enemies. But no one can figure out the answer to one big question: Why did Liah take power when she used to be against all government? Why is she so oppressive? What happened when the Guardians visited her?

A friend of mine is writing a book based off some RPs we did a while back, too. I think it's gonna be great. Like, the RPs were some of the best I've done in my seven years of it. (If you don't know what an RP is, visit this blog: http://kokoronokagami.blogspot.com/ and it'll give some good examples.)

No comments:

Post a Comment