Blog Changes to Come

Right, well, I know I said there'd be new colors and layouts for new books only, but I think some change is in order. The pink is just not working, and I'm under the impression it's driving readers off. Really, this blog looks like it's some girly teenager's blog. So change is coming, but no new book.
Got an idea for a color scheme? Email me. Katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chapter 1 Excerpt

Hey, Warriors! I have finished the prologue and chapter one of Raleigh, after taking a couple weeks off to try and catch up on books. And to make up for the lack of updates, I have an excerpt for you guys. Constructive criticism please?

Right, so the prologue explains the clans and everything (they come in later in the book). And chapter one starts out with Raleigh and Beth going to meet Mia (Beth's sister) for lunch. A recent rumor says that Fang is going to ask Raleigh to prom. Here's the encounter, as well as the end of the chapter. I don't think I'm giving too much away here, as it's fairly obvious that he isn't really there to ask Ray (Raleigh) to prom. It's never that simple in a book like this.

Fang stopped across the table from me, his hands in his pockets and his eyes focused solely on me. “Raleigh, can I talk to you?” he asked, no trace of the nervousness other guys had when talking to me. I frowned; he didn’t sound like he was asking a girl to prom.
I leaned back in my chair. “Whatever you have to say, Fang, you can say it here.” My unease increased when a panicked glint surfaced in his eye. Fang never let on to any of his emotions, not even a fake smile, and especially not fear. Even his friends claimed they’d never seen him smile or heard him laugh.
“Raleigh, please,” he glanced around. People were murmuring. Beth was glaring fiercely at him, as if he was about to make a big mistake. “Come into the hall, at least.”
I glanced at Beth, whose glare had been intensifying since Fang arrived. Cautiously, I stood and followed him out. He led me to the auditorium, then turned to face me. “This isn’t about prom, is it?”

Fang shook his head. “Afraid not. I’m here to warn you that your life is in danger, and if you survive, it’ll be drastically different.”

So how was it? Good? Bad? Okay? Email me some feedback. Or comment. Whichever works for you. Also, if you have ideas you want to throw in for the book, send them in.
Email: nicolahawkins97@gmail.com

Until next time,
Katheryn

Comment Responses
Racheal from Texas writes:

Dude. The libraries in Texas are linked too. If there is a book you want in another library, you can order it at yours and they will send it as soon as possible. Wow. Idiots these days. But, I read that store Hy-Vee? as HIV, And I was like, since when do STDs have chinese food?

Well, Racheal, I haven't ever come across a library in Texas that's linked with others. I don't think they're around Kaufman or Sherman, if there are any. Of course, I could be wrong. Hy-Vee's Chinese food looks good though, even if you tainted it with the STD comment. Thanks for writing and please keep reading!

1 comment:

  1. The Sherman Library is linked. Did you ever ask them? I got a book sent to the Sherman Library from another Library when I lived in Sherman.

    ReplyDelete