Blog Changes to Come

Right, well, I know I said there'd be new colors and layouts for new books only, but I think some change is in order. The pink is just not working, and I'm under the impression it's driving readers off. Really, this blog looks like it's some girly teenager's blog. So change is coming, but no new book.
Got an idea for a color scheme? Email me. Katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

Friday, May 23, 2014

School's Out -- Almost Forever!

Heya! So, school here gets out in a week, and I may or may not be able to keep updating during the summer. (My parents want me to get B's or higher, and I currently have a C-.) It's the end of my Junior year, so yeah I guess school is almost out forever. If you get the Maximum Ride reference.

As for Raleigh, it's still in progress. At first, the main plotline was underway by chapter five, which I didn't like. I'm moving those back, and adding more of Ray's daily life (and the start of her visions) before the plot starts. I think it's going to give you more insight on her character, as well as her companions before the main plot. There have also been some name changes here and there, so when excerpts for this start appearing, don't freak out. I'll let you know whose name has been changed to what when I post them. And I place a lot of importance in the names of my characters, so they may continue to change up until publication.

And publication is only a hope right now. Keep that in mind. Most publishing companies I've looked at only have any interest in previously published authors, and only in finished manuscripts, if they're even taking on new projects in the first place. And editors? The ones I've looked at charge about two cents a word. Raleigh will be, ideally, about the length of a Vampire Academy book, and at the bare minimum the length of a Cirque du Freak book. (Maybe they'll end up short and get longer as the series goes on? Or maybe the editor will help with expanding everything. Maybe it wont need expanding, but some serious rewording?) Who knows. Anyways, you guys have a great summer. Have fun. And don't die. Definitely don't die. That's no fun, I hear.

All my best,
Katheryn

Questions, comments, concerns? Email me at katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment