Blog Changes to Come

Right, well, I know I said there'd be new colors and layouts for new books only, but I think some change is in order. The pink is just not working, and I'm under the impression it's driving readers off. Really, this blog looks like it's some girly teenager's blog. So change is coming, but no new book.
Got an idea for a color scheme? Email me. Katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer's Here!

               Heya, Warriors!
               Sorry again for the lack of updates. As you know, my grades had to be above a B for computer access this summer. Unfortunately, there was one C+, but my parents let it slide. Since then, I have been playing Perfect World, an MMORPG that my mom got me hooked on. I’ve joined a faction (Rivalz) and the people are freaking amazing. They’re all fun and helpful and I definitely recommend joining if you can. I’ve also been on The Sims and testing out the new Swordsman beta. (A review will be posted on PW and SM soon.)
               Since school got out on May 30th, I haven’t done any new writing. However, as I write this, my internet is out and wont be back on for at least two days. So I’m going to write. And edit. And write more. I’ll have blogs posts for here, as well as my blog on Wicca (http://novawicca.blogspot.com), and as I said before, there will be some reviews for MMORPGs. So far, I’m gonna do Perfect World, Jade Dynasty, Swordsman, Aion, Lord of the Rings Online, and Aura Kingdom.
               It’s likely that I’ll post a few book reviews as well. I’ve decided to do on on The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. Some Darren Shan reviews will likely end up here, as well as Heather Brewer, Richelle Mead, and Becca Fitzpatrick and Cornelia Funke.

         CONTEST
 There will be a competition for the character design of the characters listed below:

·        Raleigh
·        Amelia (Dresses girly)
·        Aunt Victoria
·        Syra (Wears all black, usually armor or a plain black shirt and pants.)
·        Liah (Wears all white, usually armor or some sort of simply, but regal, dress)
·        Klaos (Usually wears a white button up shirt and black slacks.)

I’m not going to give much more direction on what these characters should look like, because I want to be surprised. I will say, however, that these characters must appear human. Scars and horns and stuff are alright, because they can be easily glamoured, but nothing like reptile spines and scales and snouts or anything. Wings are fine, so are fox/cat/wolf ears and tails since in most fictional stuff that they’re in they have the ability to hide them.
Rules:
·        No nudity
·        One submission per person (You can choose to do multiple characters, but you can’t do two of Raleigh, for example. Multiple people in the same household can submit entries)
·        The art must be your own, and it must be original (Meaning no recycling previously drawn art)
·        The art does not have to be hand drawn. (You can use Photoshop and Illustrator and Gimp or whatever you like to use. Feel free to build a 3D model in Maya or Blender and send a screenshot of it if you want!)
·        Collaborations are allowed (Say if you wanted to work in Photoshop. Unless you want to try and hand draw everything in there (which is difficult to say the least) then you can have someone draw something and edit it in there or something. Again, no recycled work!!!)
·        No dialogue or busy backgrounds (If you want a background, please stick to a simple gradient or a solid color. Make sure you can see the character well.)
·        Picture must be in color
·        The image must be good quality
·        All submissions must be send to katherynhawkins97@gmail.com and must have “Character Design Competition” for a subject.
As no one will likely see this post until June 18, at the very least, and there is a lack of viewers here, the contest will end on December 31, 2014. (No, I wont forget. The emails will go in a folder and I’ll keep them there till I pick the winner.)
I hope to see many entries coming in! I will pick the best picture for each character and let the winners know, and we will work on what will likely be a Valentine special/short-story featuring the characters of Raleigh. They will also get special insight to the book, as well as the followups! (Meaning some dirty little secrets that aren’t shown in the book! :O Stuff that the characters of the book keep hidden, I’m thinking. Dunno exactly what information I’ll give out, but it’ll be something.) Or maybe I’ll answer questions about character’s past? To some extent. I’m not gonna give you Liah’s life story and why she does what she does or anything, but.

So yeah. A contest, and lots of reviews coming up. Hope to see you guys submitting!

All by best,
Katheryn


Questions, comments, concerns?
Email me at katherynhawkins97@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment